Beasts stay undefeated while Glacier Boyz pick-up first win in OT, Manziel finishing with season high 122 yards for the Zappers. Week One Game Summary can be found here.
Duluth, Georgia (February 21, 2021) – @FCFZappers quarterback, Logan Marchi performed the national anthem to set the tone for Week Two of the Fan Controlled Football (FCF) regular season at Infinite Energy Center and streamed live to fans via Twitch, FCF mobile app and broadcast network VENN TV.
The Zappers QB Johnny Manziel netted a season high 122-total yards including a pair of TDs but it was not enough to overcome the Glacier Boyz (1-1) who picked up their first win of the season in dramatic fashion. It took the first OVERTIME in FCF history in Game 2 for the Boyz 29-28 to edge out a big win over the Zappers (0-2) to close out an action-packed evening of fan-controlled football in Duluth, GA. The Beast (2-0) stayed undefeated earlier in the night defeated the Wild Aces (1-1) in Game 1 30-28 emerging as the team to beat so far in Season v1.0.
Special in-game broadcast guest via Twitch.TV/FCF included Team Owners Miro, Austin Ekeler, Quavo, Ronnie2K and FCF Fan Ambassador Spice Adams.
Check out the full game summary & links to highlight reel and be sure to join the conversation on Twitter, Facebook, Twitch, and Instagram with #FCF and #PowerToTheFans.
8:00pm EST | Beasts v. Wild Aces
Final Score: Beast 30 – Wild Aces 28
- Beasts’ quarterback TJ Edwards II scored the game-winning touchdown on a mad scramble with time expiring to propel the Beasts to a 30-28 victory over the Wild Aces.
- 38 total points were scored in a high paced see-saw style first half that saw the Wild Aces take a 22-16 advantage over the Beasts into the second half.
- QB Deondre Francois passed for 40-yards and two touchdowns while WR Raphael Leonard and TE Jeremias Houston each caught touchdown passes for the Aces who dropped their first game of the young season.
- Beasts QB Quinton Flowers was named the Gatorade player of the Game as he tossed two touchdowns and threw for 77-yards in the victory. QB Deondre Francois passed for 40-yards and two touchdowns while WR Raphael Leonard and TE Jeremias Houston each caught touchdown passes for the Aces who dropped their first game of the young season.
9:30pm EST | Glacier Boyz v. Zappers
Final Score: Glacier Boyz 29 – Zappers – 28 (1st ever FCF Overtime Game)
- QB Johnny Manziel netted a game high 122-yards, recorded two touchdowns, and led the Zappers to an early 14-0 lead but could not hang on as the Glacier Boyz came back for an overtime win in Game 2.
- The Zappers led 22-8 at halftime before the Glacier Boyz tied the game with 6:46 left after a fumble recovery and 47-yard touchdown return by linebacker Fredrick Conyers.
- The Zappers Travis Toivonen led all receivers with 82-yards and a touchdown catch while Andrew Jamiel caught a game high four catches and netted 41-yards for the Glacier Boyz.
- The game headed to the first ever FCF overtime with the Zappers struck first with rushing TB from SB Anthony Jones. Missed XP.
- The Glacier Boyz scored on their first play in the extra frame when SB Quinn Porter rushed in from 10-yards out to tie the game before WR Andrew Jamiel caught game winning extra point from QB David Pindell to complete the comeback for their first win of the season.
UP NEXT – Week 3
Saturday, February 27
Zappers (0-2) v. Aces (1-1)
Glacier Boyz (1-1) v. Beasts (2-0)