Fresh off the heels of our Season v2.0 announcement, we’re ready to blow our fans’ minds with something new this season: the Ballerz Collective.
What sets the Ballerz Collective apart from any other NFT project you can find on the market? Being a holder of these NFTs puts you in control of one of our two expansion teams (we’ll get to that in a minute). Members of the Ballerz Collective (and members only) will work together to name their team, design the logo, choose the uniforms, draft the players and call the plays in real-time. Thousands of Ballerz will have additional IRL utility and benefits, including VIP seating at games, access to practices and team meetings, enhanced voting power and a ton more.
So who are these two new expansion teams? We tapped into existing names within the crypto and NFT community. Let’s meet them:
- Team 8oKi: Headed up by Steve Aoki + 888, this power duo will bring their expertise of both the NFT and football worlds to lead their team into its inaugural season in the FCF.
- Team KoD: This team is rolling DEEP. We’ve got Drew Austin, Jack Settleman, Tiki Barber, Ronde Barber, Cynthia Frelund, Blake Jamieson, Shara Senderoff, Mike O’Day, Jared Augustine and Jasmine Maetta. Talk about a large group that knows their stuff when it comes to NFTs, gaming, fantasy football – and of course – FCF!
Let’s run through a few quick questions we know you have:
- Wait, isn’t Jack Settleman on the Wild Aces?
We’re not saying Jack turned his back on the Wild Aces to team up with his buddies and make sure a new team is crowned the People’s Champions this season – but we’re not, not saying it either.
- I thought this was FCF, why are the teams already named?
We promise, Team 8oKi and Team KoD are just how we are referring to the teams – for now. It’s up to the fans of this team to ultimately make that decision.
- If I’m an existing fan and buy an NFT, do I have to switch teams?
Yes. It is time to come to the darkside.
- When can I get one?
The short answer – soon! In the next couple weeks, Mint Passes will go on sale. The best way to know when that happens is by joining our Discord and following us on Twitter.