— #4 seed Glacier Boyz upset #1 seed Beasts to advance in Game 1 ; Wild Aces Defense Gives Bob Menery Something to Think About this Offseason in Game 2 –
Johnny “Football” Manziel and Josh “Flash” Gordon were reunited for the first time since 2014 suiting up for the Zappers (2-3) but it was the Wild Aces (3-2) defense that stole the show propelling them to the first ever Fan Controlled Football — The People’s Championship Game — with a 32-6 victory in Game 2. The People’s Championship was announced as the official name for next week’s FCF title game after receiving 29% of the fan vote which ended at halftime beating out The Fan Bowl finishing in a distance second.
The Beasts SB and Super Bowl Champion Robert “Turbo” Turbin lived up to what the fans expected scoring in his FCF debut, but it wasn’t enough as the #1 seed Beasts (3-2) couldn’t match the Glacier Boyz (2-3) QB Deondre Francois and his five total touchdowns in the Boyz 38-20 victory in Game 1.
The People’s Championship Game will make FCF history next Saturday March 20th featuring the Wild Aces (3-2) vs. the Glacier Boyz (2-3).
Great Clips of the Week: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/948874465
The excitement surrounding the first ever FCF semifinals series led to a record setting evening at Infinite Energy Arena in Duluth, GA which saw the largest viewership across FCF platforms Twitch, FCF mobile app and broadcast network VENN TV. The FCF is now the fastest growing sports channel on Twitch.
In-game broadcast guest included FCF Team Owners Richard Sherman, Trevor May, Ronnie2K, Deestroying and Bob Menery joined the Saturday night FCF broadcast team Patrick Dees, Ray Austin, and Greg Mescall. The FCF also welcomed newest Glacier Boyz Team Owner, Adin Ross who streamed Game 1 via twitch.tv/adinross. Check out the full game summary & links to highlight reel and be sure to join the conversation on Twitter, Facebook, Twitch, and Instagram with #FCF and #PowerToTheFans.
Beasts v. Glacier Boyz
Final Score: Glacier Boyz 38 – Beasts 20
Game Highlights: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/948871758
- Former Super Bowl Champion SB Robert “Turbo” Turbin made his FCF debut and picked up the Beasts only TD a three yard run in the first half.
- The Glacier Boyz went ahead 6-0 after QB Deondre Francois connected with WR Andrew Jamiel just :73 seconds into the Game 1.
- The Beasts tied the game with 13:35 left as SB Turbo Turbin broke the goal line with a tough three-yard touchdown run for a 6-6 score. QB Deondre Francois closed out the scoring in the opening half with a slick TD pass to Kavontae Turpin followed by a two-point conversion to give the Boyz a 14-6 lead headed into halftime.
- WR Kavontae Turpin picked up his second TD reception of the game from Deondre Francois with 14:28 left in the game to put the Boyz ahead 22-14.
- The Glacier Boyz would never look back, after a SB Quinn Porter touchdown run from 10-yards to cut the deficit to 22-20 with 6:09 left, Glacier Boyz LB Cecil Cherry sacked TJ Edwards on an “on-side kick” try to turn the game back in the Boyz favor. Deondre Francois would find Andrew Jamiel a second time in the endzone with 3:05 left and after an interception by Boyz CB Marquis Cain, Francois would pick up his 5th TD of the game with a rush score from 24-yards to seal the 38-20 win for the Glacier Boyz.
- Beasts QB Quinton Flowers netted 66 yards for the Beasts but did not find the endzone.
- Glacier Boyz QB Deondre Francois finished the game with an FCF high five touchdowns (4 pass, 1 rush) and picked up a game high 128 yards total.
- Glacier Boyz WR Andrew Jamiel (54 total yards) and WR Kavontae Turpin (50 total yards) each picked up two receiving TDs.
- The Glacier Boyz defense was spectacular as Monte Taylor, Donte Rumph, and Cecil Cherry all picked up sacks while Marquis Cain and Ike Adigwu each had an interception.
Zappers v. Beasts
Final Score: Wild Aces 32 – Zappers 6
Game Highlights: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/948872649
- Johnny Manziel was active for the Zappers after missing the last starts and went 4-for-7 good for 36-yards.
- The Wild Aces defense stole the show in the opening half with a pair of interceptions to take a 16-0 lead through 1st half. After a 4th down stop and a fumble recovery by the Aces, QB Jackson Erdmann found WR Raphael Leonard deep in the endzone for the game’s first score which was withheld after a FAN review with 6:23 left in the first half.
- Wild Aces CB Dillion Winfrey picked off QB Logan Marchi for a 48-yard touchdown return with :12 seconds left to give the Wild Aces a 16-0 lead headed into the second half.
- The Wild Aces defense continued to hold strong which allowed them to charge out to a commanding 32-0 lead with just under eight minutes remaining in the game. LaDarius Galloway ran the ball for an 18-yard TD run followed by SB Daryl Virgies’ FCF record 48-yard rushing touchdown.
- The Zappers got on the scoreboard as QB Logan Marchi connected with Josh Gordon from eight yards with under a minute left to close out the scoring as the Aces advanced with an 32-6 victory.
- Josh Gordon finished with three catches for 30 yards and a touchdown for the Zappers.
- The Wild Aces held the Zappers to just 112 total yards and an FCF record low six points.
- Zappers WR Travis Toivonen led all receivers with eight catches good for 83-yards.
- Wild Aces SB LaDarius Galloway had five runs good for a game high 53-yards on the ground and a touchdown while his teammate Daryl Virgies had one rush for 48-yards and a touchdown.
- QB Logan Marchi finished 7-for-14 for 66-yards with one TD and one interception for the Zappers.
UP NEXT – FCF CHAMPIONSHIP SATURDAY | WEEK 6
Saturday, March 13
Register today at: FCF.io
The People’s Championship Game: Wild Aces (3-2) vs. the Glacier Boyz (2-3)