— The Wild Aces Staged a Second Half Comeback to win The People’s Championship, Beating the Glacier Boyz 46-40 in FCF Finale —
Duluth, Georgia (March 22, 2021) – Fan Controlled Football (FCF), the only professional sports league that gives power to the fans, hosted its first-ever title game, The People’s Championship, on Saturday night at the Infinite Energy Arena in Duluth, GA. Live streamed to millions of fans across the globe, the Wild Aces (4-2) made a dramatic comeback in the second half, scoring the game-winning touchdown on the last play of regulation to secure a 46-40 victory over the Glacier Boyz (2-4). The fans’ excitement and electricity for the first-ever championship game also led to the inaugural season’s biggest audience, reaching fans on Twitch, streaming networks VENN TV, NBCLX, DAZN Canada, and FCF’s mobile app. FCF became the fastest growing sports channel on Twitch, setting in motion plans for a second season, “Season v2.0.”
Final Score: Wild Aces 46 – Glacier Boyz 40
Game Highlights: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/957371334
The action-packed night of football started out with an emotional twist as US Army Police Veteran, Jessica Rumph, wife of Glacier Boyz Defensive Tackle, Dante Rumph surprised her husband with an unannounced singing the National Anthem.
The extended halftime included a masterful performance by Yung Petro, the latest artist to sign on to Quavo’s record label, Huncho Records. Petro performed his latest single, Bloodline, in front of FCF Team Owner Quavo, FCF Creative Advisors and TikTok royalty, Josh Richards and Griffin Johnson as well as Team Owners Jack Settleman and Deestroying all in the house for the championship game.
Adding to the groundbreaking season finale, the Wild Aces’ post-game celebration included The People’s Championship Trophy presentation by FCF Commissioner Ray Austin, a devouring of Wendy’s burgers and a ‘make it rain’ money drop of thousands of dollars, which showered the Wild Aces’ players, coaching staff and fans in attendance.
Throughout the game’s live broadcast, FCF Team Owners Quavo, Greg Miller, Richard Sherman, and FCF Advisor Joe Montana, all made surprise guest appearances, joining FCF’s core broadcast team Patrick Dees, Ray Austin, and Greg Mescall.
THE PEOPLE’S CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
Wild Aces 46 – Glacier Boyz 40
- The two teams came out in the 30-minute first half with an absolute slugfest that saw plenty of big hits, emotion, and 52 combined points between the two clubs. The Glacier Boyz charged out to a 32-20 lead headed into the first half led by WR Andrew Jamiel’s three touchdown connections with QB Deondre Francois. Regular season MVP SB LaDarius Galloway ran the ball for a pair of touchdowns to the lead the way for the Wild Aces in the opening half. However, the most spectacular play came from Wild Aces TE Jeremias Houston as he caught the ball in the endzone while he was falling on his back after a terrific pass by QB Jackson Erdmann with just 24 seconds left in the opening frame.
- The second half saw the Wild Aces outscore the Glacier Boyz 26-8 to take home the title. SB LaDarius Galloway added another touchdown run for the Aces early in the second half followed by Glacier Boyz Deondre Francois’ 13-yard TD run with 24 minutes left in the game to put the Boyz ahead 40-26. The Wild Acers would then rattle off three consecutive touchdowns as TS Elkanah Dillon caught a 36-yard TD pass by Ed Crouch to begin the comeback. SB Daryl Virgies ran in a six-yard touchdown run with 11:44 remaining to tie the score at 40-40. The score would remain tied until Wild Aces QB Ed Crouch ran the ball in from the two-yard line as time expired to give the Wild Aces the first ever People’s Championship with a 46-40 victory.
- Wild Aces QB Ed Crouch was named the Gatorade MVP of the game as he had the game winning rushing touchdown and had 125 total yards to lead the Aces.
- Wild Aces SB LaDarius Galloway added three more touchdowns to his FCF resume and netted 74 rushing yards in the game.
- Glacier Boyz WR Andrew Jamiel had three receiving touchdowns and had a game high 63 yards in receiving yards.
- Wild Aces Safety Darreon Jackson led all players with six tackles in the game while TJ Holl led the Glacier Boyz defense with 4.5 tackles.
- Aces CB Karrheem Darrington had the games only interception as he picked off Deondre Francois.
About Fan Controlled Football
Fan Controlled Football (FCF) – which combines the passion and competitiveness of live and fantasy sports with the interactivity of video games – is the first platform in professional sports history where fans get to call all the shots, from branding and personnel decisions to real-time play calling. Four teams, led by the biggest names in sports & entertainment, and stacked with professional athletes, began their championship quest on February 13, 2021, when the inaugural six-week FCF season – Season v1.0 – Infinite Energy Arena in Duluth, GA. Regular and postseason play, in addition to exclusive behind-the-scenes team content and league and team webcasts, will be available via twitch.tv/FCF and broadcast network VENN TV.
# # #