Duluth, Georgia (February 27, 2021) – It was announced by Zappers Team Owner @BobMenery prior to Week 3 FCF Doubleheader that former NFL Wide Receiver, Josh ‘Flash’ Gordon would join Cleveland Browns teammate and franchise QB Johnny Manziel on the Zappers as early as Week 4. Excitement from the Zappers (1-2) locker room was clear from start and drove them to their first win in franchise history in a rowdy 34-30 win over the Wild Aces (1-2). Game 1 was dominated by Zappers WR Travis Toivonen who hauled in 3 touchdowns receptions, none more important than the 40-yard Hail-Mary bomb as time expired from the arm of QB Braden Smith.
Game 2 saw the Beasts (3-0) remain undefeated making a statement beating Glacier Boyz (1-2) 28-22. The Beasts SB Quinn Porter punched in a two-yard touchdown run on the last play of the game capping a memorable night of fan-controlled football in Duluth, GA. Week 4 of the Fan Controlled Football (FCF) regular season continues next Saturday, March 6th at Infinite Energy Arena and streamed live to fans via Twitch, FCF mobile app and broadcast network VENN TV.
Special in-game broadcast guest via Twitch.TV/FCF included NFL Hall Of Famer Joe Montana, and FCF Team Owners Rachel Lindsay and Richard Sherman. Check out the full game summary & links to highlight reel and be sure to join the conversation on Twitter, Facebook, Twitch, and Instagram with #FCF and #PowerToTheFans.
8:00pm EST | Zappers v. Wild Aces
Final Score: Zappers 34 – Wild Aces 30
Video Highlights: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/931514668
- Wild Aces WR Richaud Floyd threw scissors to defeat Zappers WR Travis Toivonen’s paper in the Rock Paper Scissors to improve the Wild Aces to 3-0 in the RPS opening competition.
- The Zappers charged out to a 16-0 lead in the first eight minutes after a pair of touchdown passes from QB Logan Marchi to WR Travis Toivonen. After a touchdown rush from QB Deondre Francois to get the Wild Aces on the board, Zappers’ QB Braden Smith connected with WR Isiah King with seconds remaining in the first half as the Zappers took a 22-8 lead into the break.
- A wild second half saw the Wild Aces take a 30-28 lead after WR Raphael Leonard caught a Jackson Erdman pass with just 5.5 seconds left. With one play left for the Zappers, QB Braden Smith tossed a perfect spiral from 40-yards into the endzone for Travis Toivonen for the amazing finish and win.
- Zappers QB Logan Marchi was named the Gatorade Player of the Game with three touchdowns and 93-yards in the air. Zappers QB Braden Smith finished 5-for-7 for 89-yards and two touchdowns. WR Toivonen finished with four catches for 73-yards and three touchdowns.
- QB Jackson Erdmann threw for two touchdowns in his return to the Glacier Boyz lineup while QB Deondre Francois added 45-yards and a touchdown. WRs Raphael Leonard and Richaud Floyd each caught touchdown passes for the Glacier Boyz in the loss.
- Wild Aces SB LaDarius Galloway led all backs with 42-yards on eight rushes while Zappers CB Marquill Osborne recorded the games only interception for the Zappers.
- The first ever FAN CHALLENGE REVIEW was enabled with 3:09 left in the second half after Zappers SB Anthony Jones was stopped by Wild Aces DE James Parker Bass on the goal line on fourth down. The call on the field was confirmed by the fans after a video review and vote.
9:30pm EST | Glacier Boyz v. Beasts
Final Score: Beasts – 28 – Glacier Boyz 22
Video Highlights: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/931513873
- Each team had a pair of leads in the opening half with the Glacier Boyz taking lead into the break with a 16-14 lead. Beasts QB Quinton Flowers had a pair of touchdowns to lead the way offensively while Glacier Boyz. QB’s Ed Crouch and David Pindell each had a rushing touchdown in a contested opening frame.
- Curtis Collins came up with a nifty interception for the Glacier Boyz to set up an Ed Crouch rushing TD with 8:16 left in the contest to give the Boyz a 22-14 advantage. Quinton Flowers found WR Christian Saulsberry with 39 seconds left and Joseph Boykin added the extra two points on the conversion to tie the score at 22-22. After a successful attempt on the “on-side kick” and with no time left on the clock, SB Quinn Porter just crossed the goal line for the game winner on a two- yard rush to keep the Beasts undefeated with a 28-22 victory.
- QB Quinton Flowers finished with three total touchdowns and 146 total net yards to lead the way offensively for the Beasts while QB Ed Crouch finished with a pair of touchdown rushes for the Glacier Boyz.
- Glacier Boyz WR Andrew Jamiel made three receptions for 51-yards and added a two-point conversion catch. WR Christian Saulsberry and WR Troy Evans Jr. each had a receiving touchdown for the Beasts.
UP NEXT – Week 4 – final week of regular season
Saturday, March 6
Glacier Boyz (1-2) v. Wild Aces (1-2)
Beasts (3-0) v. Zappers (1-2)